I like endings. I think it’s better for a book or series to leave you wishing there was more than to just keep going endlessly. Even if there isn’t complete closure, I like knowing it’s done and that I can just imagine whatever I like for the character(s) afterwards. That being said, here are the books/series I can think of:
- Bayou by Jeromy Love – I almost forgot about this! There are two volumes, but there has to be more to the story because there’s no resolve at all. This is the darkest, beautiful, haunting graphic novel I’ve read and I want more.
- State of Wonder by Ann Patchett – It’s less that I want a sequel as much as I want an epilog, or maybe I novella following any one of the characters. So much happened at the end of this book.
- Enchantment by Orson Scott Card – This was one of my favorite books last year. It ended wonderfully. I’d take more though.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I don’t know what a sequel would look like, but I just want more. More of Morgenstern’s writing, more of this magical world, just more.
- Green Arrow: Year One by Andy Diggle (and others) – Where are the other years?
Is it obvious I was getting desperate towards the end?